POLICIES: SAFETY & WEATHER
To ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all guests, please read the following policies regarding safety:
• Security at the Tennessee Valley Fair is managed by the Knoxville Police Department. If you have a safety question or concern, a KPD officer is on duty at the Information Booth located next to First Aid. See our official Map for details.
• No weapons of any kind are permitted at the Tennessee Valley Fair.
• No re-entry after 10:00 PM
• All attendees are subject to screening via metal detectors. Screenings will be conducted by the Tennessee Valley Fair Security Officials upon entry.
• All bags must be clear and will be checked by security upon entry, regardless of shape, size or necessity. For exceptions – please read the “Approved Bags” list
• Clear bags of any size/shape • Small clutches/purses, no larger than 4.5 inches by 6 inches • Diaper bags when accompanied by a minor child • Medically necessary bags
All approved bags are subject to search and will be tagged to indicate they have been approved by KPD.
• Backpacks • Printed pattern plastic bag • Cross-body bag • Large fanny pack • Purses • Coolers • Reusable grocery totes • Mesh bags / Cinch bags • Duffel bags • Large tote bags • Beverage containers • Camera cases • Brief cases • Any bags deemed unsafe by the Knoxville Police Department
The Tennessee Valley Fair staff, in conjunction with local emergency services (including, but not limited to: the Knoxville Police Department and the National Weather Service) will closely monitor potentially hazardous weather conditions if they arise during our 10-day event. If the National Weather Service announces a severe weather warning within a 5-mile radius of Chilhowee Park, weather advisories will be announced immediately on the public-address system directing guests to seek shelter. Designated severe weather shelters are the Jacob Building and the Kerr Building. If a concert or special event is taking place, the event will be delayed, postponed or canceled depending on the severity and duration of the weather event. Fairgoers will be notified of any weather-related announcements via email, social media and updates will be posted on our website.
SEPTEMBER 6-15, 2019
ABOUT TENN. VALLEY FAIR
A non-profit organization dedicated to showcasing East Tennessee heritage, agriculture and the arts for nearly 100 years.
3301 East Magnolia Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37914